Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fever 105.1


Seriously, what kind of crap is that?

Yep, the house of horrors is where I live. The boys are still sick. Daycare called yest and said I had to pick up Aidan b/c HE had a fever so I called the Dr and ended up taking the boys in. They both have bronchitis and Ryan has a double ear infection as well. Yippeee. Well, today Ryan went down for a nap and when he woke up he felt really hot so I took his temp. It said 105.1 so we immediately brought him up to the ER after giving him 1tsp of Motrin. They took his temp rectally up there and it was 104.8. They sent us to the Pediatric ER. When we checked in there I asked the nurse on duty what was a "dangerous" temp for a child. She said that the number isn't the concern, it's how fast it goes up. WTH? I always thought that a number above 104 was concerning for a child? I almost croaked when I saw 105 for crying out loud. I've never heard anyone tell me the number wasn't a concern before. Yikes.

Anyway, after 6hrs in the ER we are home now and I'm going to put Aidan to bed. Please God let this be the last of it in this house!!! The boys just took their first dose of Zithromax so I hope that cures all. Thank God I didn't get sick through any of this eh? The house would have fallen apart!

TFReading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews