Wednesday, February 18, 2009

RSV 2-2-08


Hi girls,

We took Erynn to the Dr this morning and they confirmed she is in the early stages of RSV. They say she has bronchitis right now but if her breathing becomes rapid or labored or if she gets a temp of 100.4 we need to go straight to the ER. They told us to not even bother calling them, just go right in.

All we can do is bring her in a steamy bathroom 2-3 times a day and just keep an eye on her. Could I ask for prayers that this doesn't turn into full blown RSV? Dr said it takes 3-5 days to fully develop so we should know soon enough. This is day 3 since she started.

Thx girls.


Update
Erynn is forcibly trying to breath and is having a hard time - we are taking her to the ER as soon as my brother gets here to watch the boys.

Please say a prayer.



Update
They admitted Erynn to the hospital. I came home b/c she didn't eat enough to relieve me and I need to pump. John is at the hosp with her. I'll stay home til the boys wake up and then I'm going back to the hosp.

Tonight was so hard. We've been lucky this far and haven't really had to see our kids go through anything. That ended. Erynn had to have an IV put in, they stuck her twice b/c the nurse couldn't get enough blood (she is going to have a huge bruise on her left arm from them trying), she had to have a catheter inserted and then she had to have two chest x rays. I hope that is all they will have to do.

Please keep the prayers coming that she will get to come home quickly. Thank you all so much!


Update
John is in the ER now.

I'm going to jump off a bridge.

I went home to give Ryan a bath and put him to bed. Then I was going to get some sleep since I was up all night with Erynn. I had finished my first pumping session (sidebar - I had nursed her off and on all day - got home and still pumped 10oz. Sheesh!!) and was getting tucked into bed when the phone rang. It's John. He has a temp of 103.5 and is throwing up. They want to send him to the emergency room so they need me to come up. Surely he must be joking right? Nope. I'm sitting here on my laptop and settling in for a long ass night.

Can I PLEASE catch a break? Pretty please??



Update
John was in the ER for 6 hrs before a Doc saw him. He's had chest x-rays, blood drawn and is now in Urgent Care waiting for an u/s. They aren't sure if it's the flu or his gallbladder. Yep, one extreme to the other. His liver enzymes came back abnormal which is why they are checking his g.b.

Erynn was given the okay to go home today but about an hour ago she had a 25min coughing jag that ended up in a whole lot of vomit with loads of mucous so the nurse said that we should stay for a while and watch her. She hasn't had a couging jag like that at all since this whole thing started. She is sleeping right now. We'll see what happens.


Update
The Dr came in this morning and said she is holding her own. They are definitely keeping her tonight though. He said if her pulsox stays up then we should be able to take her home tomorrow. I got about an hr of sleep last night/this morning. I was up here at 7am and went home at 9am to pump. John just left about 30min ago to go home and sleep.

Girls you rock - I can't believe I didn't think to ask for a pump. Clearly not in my right mind. I'm going to nurse her as much as possible b/c it does seem to be easier on her for some reason - she has a hard time with choking on the bottle. She's sleeping right now. I'm going to ask for a pump though if 2pm rolls around and she still hasn't woken to eat. I'm so glad I have you girls!

TY again for all the prayers.


Update
TY all for your thoughts and prayers - I really appreciate them!!!

Everyone is home - finally. Erynn did okay after her last feeding there so they allowed her to go home. We still have to keep an eye on her, watch her breathing, watch for fever and continue to do the steam 2-3 times a day but hopefully she'll continue to turn the corner and get better.

John was diagnosed with Hepatitis A. No idea what the hell is going on but his liver enzymes came back elevated and when they did the u/s it showed his liver is swollen. The Dr asked John how much of a drinker he is! John is NOT a big drinker at all. Just the opposite in fact. He barely drinks. They put him on Zithromax and he has to make an appt to go and see his PCP for more testing.

I've never been happier for a Monday to come - the boys both have school so I am going to plan on staying in bed all day (other than pumping of course) and catching up on the last two days sleep that I missed.

Thank you again girls. I am so grateful for all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews