Wednesday, February 18, 2009

First ER visit

6-15-07

I was by myself w/the kids (big surprise there right? lol) last night. SIL and FIL went to nephews baseball game and DH was working. The kids were playing in the living room and I told them that I was going to make dinner now. I am preparing dinner when all of a sudden I here "Ryan, NO" and then Ryan starts screaming. He must have been in the bathroom and Aidan was trying to get him out (I don't let the kids play in the bathroom b/c, naturally, they go for the damn toilet!) b/c he knows he isn't supposed to be in there. Well, he was shutting the door and didn't realize that Ryan's FINGER was IN it. He didn't get it shut tight but I had to push the door open to get Ryan's finger out - it was really shut in there.

Ryan's finger was completely flat where the door had gotten it and bright white except for the tip of it which was a very bright and angry red/purple. The first thing I did was put ice on it and then I started making phone calls. DH took the van to work so I had no carseats. I called SIL's phone and she isn't answering. I'm talking she had 15 missed calls when she came home. I called DH sobbing b/c Ryan is SCREAMING his head off and he's hurt. DH went to his supervisor and told him he had to leave, that one of his kids was hurt. (The asshole actually had the balls to YELL at DH!!!!) I kept trying to call SIL but she never answered. Last night I realized I really have NO ONE in an emergency!

So DH gets home takes one look at Ryan's finger and says he needs to go to the ER. I get Ryan in his pj's and a sweatshirt, give him a sippy w/milk, his doggie lovey and a nuk and they go up. They come home 3 hours later. Ryan's pinky finger is fractured and it's in a splint. We have to take him to an orthopedic Dr next week to have it looked at.

I don't know how but he came home in good spirits - just tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews