Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Medium

10-23-06

I have been to see a Medium. Three times now - same one. Her name is Maureen Hancock and she does these "shows" a lot. Quick background - her grandmother died a week before Maureen got in a car accident. She and her grandmother were very close. The firefighters asked Maureen who pulled her from the car - she said no one, she got out on her own. They said that was impossible - that her car was totalled and she should be dead - there was no way she could have gotten out on her own. She broke every bone in her face, was scheduled for surgery at Mass General Hospital but never had it b/c her face completely healed on it's own. (whether or not I believe that part - I'm not sure - but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find out). This was over 5 yrs ago and ever since then she has had her gift. 9/11 is what made her decide to use it - until then she tried to black it out. That was her turning point and she has been doing it ever since.

The first time I went my aunt took me and it was the day after we buried my MIL. I was totally skeptical. I didn't know if I believed in any of that stuff. Now, let me preface this by saying no one talks to Maureen. You book with her Mgr and you literally call, give your name and the # of ppl in your party. That's it. I have never called and booked in my name.

I just went to see her again on Sat night with my SIL and 13 other women. (there is a 50 person limit per show) My MIL "came through" to us. She had come through on the 2 previous occasions as well. (Not everyone in the room has someone come through it's only a 3 hour thing.) Anyway, there are things that she has said each time that NO ONE could have known which is what makes me believe in her.

I'll just tell you about Sat night. She was reading someone in our group at the other end of the row from where SIL and I were. Maureen said to SIL's friend do you have any connections to Robert that had something wrong in the chest - feeling fluid in my chest. (Sorry, have to sway again. Maureen is new to this so she says right in the beginning that they will say names - either first or middle - whatever they can get out and Robert and Roberta would be the same...........Jane and June...............Joe and Josephine..........she says she tells us what she thinks they are trying to say which is why she may be off a little) SIL and I say um, that is us. Maureen says "hold pls". Her way of doing this is very lighthearted - she says a lot of ppl would freak out if it was all serious so to make it easier on the ppl that see her she tries to lighten it up with comedy. So she calls herself the overseas operator to Heaven lol. So she finishes up with SIL's friend and comes over. She looks at SIL and says this is your Mom isn't it? SIL says yes. She looks at me and says MIL? I say yes. She has us stand up. She says MIL is so happy we are here b/c she knows that we believe and that MIL believed in this stuff. MIL says that there are ppl that don't believe and that it's fine but don't let them take this away from us. She really is here watching over us. Maureen points to the necklace my SIL is wearing. it's a butterfly. She says that MIL is saying that is her symbol to us. So that we know she is around.

Girls, ever since my MIL passed away there has been a Monarch butterfly around our house, my SIL's house, the football field where my nephew plays and other places we are at. Just ONE. Never more. I've lived here for two years and have never once seen a butterfly. Of any kind. It was just around yesterday and it is WAY too cold for any type of butterfly to still be out.

Maureen says there is another butterfly - she sees them on a right shoulder. I have two butterflies on my right shoulder for my kids. I have a sweater on - there is NO way she could know this. She looks at me and said you have two kids? I say yes. She says they are both boys aren't they? I say yes. (now mind you, I NEVER give her more than a yes or no and she is very adamant about anyone doing this. She does not want anyone to tell her anything - she wants to tell US and that is how she makes us know that what she is saying is true. She doesnt' reach for anything) She goes on to ask if there were issues surrounding one of my kids births. She said one of them was very close to not making it and that there was some kind of divine intervention. That we didn't know just how close he was to danger. I say well my oldest had the cord wrapped around his neck twice and I didn't know it at the time. She said, no, I don't think that is it. I said well I can't think of anything else. (You are standing up in a crowd of ppl and put on the spot - your mind goes blank) Maureen says well your MIL is telling me that there is something else - keep that in mind. I say okay. She says is your Mother's Mom passed? I said yes. She said any connection to Elizabeth? I said that was her middle name. She says MIL is telling me that your grandmother is the one who intervened with your son and that is why he is okay.

She said MIL wants us to know that she isn't going anywhere. That she is still here and is watching out for us. Maureen said more to my SIL but i honestly am blanking here. When you are going through this I can't explain it but you are just in a fog almost. Just so emotional - we were both crying our eyes out.

Later on during the show I remembered and knew what Maureen was talking about. I will explain. I'm not even sure I told you guys this to be honest with you - I can't remember. When I was in labor with Ryan the midwife wanted to give me Pitocin to speed things up a little. She asked me if I wanted an epidural. I said hell yes lol. So the anesthesiologist came in to give me my epidural. Everything went well and I felt good. The nurse came in to check on Ryan's HR. She was having a hard time finding it - kept adjusting the monitor. All of a sudden my nurse gives me this funny look. She asks me to roll over, then again, then again. I'm like what the heck is going on? They made me put on oxygen and I'm still wondering what is happening. Then I look in her face and I know something is just wrong. After the anesthesiologist gave me the epidural Ryan's heartrate dropped to 60. My room filled up with every person on the floor and they gave me a wide open IV of something (saline maybe?) and put me on oxygen. After 10min or so his HR came back up again but they kept me on the oxygen for 30min. I have never been so scared in my life - I could only envision an emergency c-section. But thankfully it didn't come to that. When I asked what happened the anesthesiologist said some babies have a reaction to the initial dose of medicine but that everything was going to be okay.

My SIL didn't even know this had happened. We were just so happy that nothing ended up happening you know? So, to me, this is just another thing that shows that Maureen isn't full of crap you know? The other two times I went my MIL came through as well and there were just too many things Maureen said and did to make it anything more than chance.

So, I hope you all don't think I've lost my mind but that is my story. I definitely believe in things now!

OH and the other thing. Maureen looked at SIL and said is there any possibility of a 3rd child? SIL says hell no, I'm fixed. Maureen looks at me and says honey, watch out. Your MIL is showing me another baby coming. Can you still have kids? I said technically yes. She said well then you better keep your legs crossed b/c your MIL says there will be another baby.

Holy crap - ty if you made it through this - I think this is the longest post I've ever made!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews