Wednesday, February 18, 2009

First day of daycare / preschool 9-19-07


Aidan started the day off in a good mood - woke up at 6:30am (went to bed at 7pm) and I was on my way out the door but reminded him today is his first day of school. He said YAY, let's go now! I said it's not time you have to pack and then I left for work.
John called me to tell me how it went. He got Aidan ready and put all his stuff in a backpack (couldn't find Aidan's Thomas bp so he just stuck it in one of ours) and Aidan said "you are going to carry my stuff for me Dad? Okay!" He picked out his own blanket to take to school with him for nap time too. They all get in the car and Aidan says "You know what I need Dad?" John says "what?" Aidan says "SCHOOOOL DONUT!" LMAO. So John gets him a plain donut. They get to school, Miss Darlene tells John that they are going to have bfast in about 1/2 an hour, then do circle time, then go outside for a bit, have lunch and take a nap. John says okay bud, I'm gonna go now. Aidan says "See ya Dad!" LMAO! Apparantly this school thing is NO problem at all! I think John is having a harder time than Aidan - he called me and said he can't believe our little boy is growing up. "He doesn't want to hang out with daddy anymore" I said don't worry hon, in 5min we're going to have another one and we can start alllllll over again. BWAHAHAHA!

Can't wait to hear all about Aidan's first day - I'll fill you in tomorrow!

Update:
Aidan LOVED school!!! He can't wait to go back which makes me really happy. I'm so glad he took to it so quickly!

Miss Darlene said she was very impressed with Aidan. He was very well mannered, saying please and thank you, shared with the other kids and helped clean up after himself. Lil bugger slept for 1.5hrs at nap time! He doesn't even do that at home! lol. She said that was the only time where he fussed but she said it was literally like a minute. He said "I think you need to call my Daddy now" when it was time for a nap but she had him lay down, rubbed his back for a min and said he was out like a light lol. YAY!

He even got himself a girlfriend while he was there. Wasting no time I guess. She just turned 2 in June and he held her hand when it was time to play outside and then ran up to the front of the line to hold her hand again on the way back in.

Darlene gives each child a "report card" of sorts for the day to let the parents know what they did, how much they ate, etc. He sang, danced, colored, glued (his lil project is hanging up on my cubicle wall lol) and just had a good day.

Thx for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews