Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sleep issues 19 mon


We are having an AWFUL time with Ryan and bedtime lately. It's been going on for weeks and weeks now.

We'll put him down and he is up 2 and 3 times a night screaming his head off. Today DH turned his crib into a toddler bed hoping that will help. He thinks lifting him over the crib rail and trying to put him down is what is waking Ryan up and is making things harder. Last night Ryan went to bed at 7pm but was up screaming at 8:30pm. He was up until 3:30am. He'd fall back asleep but every time we tried to put him down he'd wake up and start crying again. Then he'd go through a period of being wide awake. Now, normally, I'd be all over CIO. I don't have a problem with this. BUT in our case it's not so easy. Ryan and Aidan share a room. Aidan is in bed by 7:30pm at the latest. We also have FIL right across the hall. I can't risk Ryan waking them both up so we can't do CIO. I've done it b/c I'm so fed up but I don't let it go longer than 20min b/c of the other ppl in the house.

We just really need to get Ryan back on schedule and back sleeping through the night again. I could use any luck and/or prayers you could spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews