Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Update 5-13-08


I just talked to my sister.

She DID have a stroke. They found it at 330a while doing a second CAT Scan with contrast. I KNEW she had a stroke. I've had too much experience with them between MIL and MY Mom not to know. As long as she only had the one stroke she should be better by tomorrow as a stroke will typically last anywhere between 24-72hrs and this all started yesterday morning. She is still having a hard time talking and she is having left side issues from the stroke. The Drs hope that the issues resolve themselves once the stroke is through her system.

Her lungs are full of fluid. When she passed out and before they could intubate she swallowed saliva and it went into her lungs since she was unable to control where it went. She is on Levaquin and Prednisone to clear up the fluid.

I can't even remember if I told you all that she was diagnosed with Protein S Deficiency with Factor VIII elevation. This is what is causing all of her problems. It is a genetic disorder she was born with. (My brother and I need to get tested for it now) She will be on medication for the rest of her life. The Dr's told her that they can almost guarantee that my Mom had the same disorder b/c she was too young to have all the things wrong with her that she did.

Thanks again for reading. I will keep you all updated this time around if you don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews