Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Update 4-11-06


Okay girls - I know I haven't been on as much in the last few days. I've been swamped at work and everything just seeems to hit the fan the same time around here.

I appreciate whoever it is up there who thinks I can handle ALL of this crap (at 34wks pg no less lol) but I'd love a break sometime soon!!!

My sister:
Quick update is that she is having surgery on Thursday. She got hurt and needs surgery to correct what happened. It's pretty bad but I don't want to go into any further detail if that is okay.

Update on my MIL:
They drained over 1 liter of fluid from around her lungs on Friday that had a very high protein count in it which we were told might indicate a malignancy. BUT!! We got the results today and YAY there were no malignant cells in the fluid. She'll be having sugery tomorrow to remove her thyroid (she has a huge goiter on it that is growing all the way under her collarbone) and then they will do a lung biopsy at the same time. We went and saw her on Sat and she seems in good spirits - just tired b/c of all the testing. We haven't been able to see her since Sat for 2 reasons - they injected her with the nuclear medicine on Sunday and the other half yesterday (her IV has been in for so long her veins are starting to shrink so they could only do 1/2 at a time) so she won't let me come up b/c she isn't sure how it might effect me or Ryan. The OTHER reason why we haven't been able to get up...........................................

(and this is what I mean by more crap!!)

DH had a fever since Sat and Sun night it got up to 104.2. He REFUSED to go to the hospital so I made him stand in a cold shower for 20min to get his fever down and he was pissed at me lol. It went down to 103. I made him drink 2 bottles of water and 2 big mugs of tea (b/c he was cold) andI was up all night taking his temp every two hours. It dropped to 99.4 at 4am so I thought his fever had broken and we were in the clear but when I left for work yesterday it was back up to 101.2. He called his Dr yesterday morning b/c his fever went back up again to 102.3. They told him his fever had been too high for too long and he needed to go to Urgent Care in the hosp to be seen. They couldn't do anything for him in the office. So he went to UC and they took his temp - back to 103 so they sent him directly to the ER. He was there all day. (SIL took Aidan for the day - shocker) He had a chest Xray done, all kinds of blood work and they started antibiotics. Final diagnosis: Viral Pneumonia. He got home around 5pm last night with a prescription for a Zpak and was told to keep hydrated, eat plenty of soup etc. I had to monitor myself yesterday b/c I had a fever of 99.8 and with my being pg I wasn't sure how high was TOO high for me. I called my midwife to check and she told me if I reached 100.2 then I needed to call them immediately. Thank God - so far so good. I have been keeping myself hydrated and watching my temps and I am okay. Hasn't gotten that high yet.

Soooooooooooooooo that is the update on me. Sorry this got so long! Please continue prayers for my MIL and sister - I really appreciate them!!! (and if you could get anyone to give me a break that would be nice too! )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews