Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Update 4-13-07


I haven't been online in a few days so I wanted to come on and update you all.

My Mom is still on Life Support. She has had Dialysis the last four days in a row for 3.5 - 4hrs per session. As of today they have removed 25lbs of fluid from her body with the dialysis. Amazing. She is fully sedated b/c of the tubes down her throat (the ventilator and the feeding tube) so she isn't responsive at all but it's clearly for the best. I would never want her to remember this. Her kidney levels have improved, down from 5.7 to 3.5. Creatinine is what it is called I believe. A "normal" level is 1. But we are very happy w/her levels now - she has done SO well. My Mom's team of ICU docs are calling her the miracle lady.

When we left tonight the Dr's told us that MAYBE they could try extubating her tomorrow. Nothing definite and it depends on how she does tonight but to even hear them say that is HUGE. We are SO excited. My brother and sister are here - we flew them in on Tuesday - so I have my family with me. (of course I'm ready to ship my sister home yesterday but hey, what can I say? )

Thank you all SO much for your thoughts and prayers I honestly think they are making such a difference. My Mom has done such a great job so far and I think all of your prayers are helping. Please continue to pray for her!

Much and (((HUGS))) to ALL of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews