Tuesday, February 17, 2009

31 weeks

I'll start with an update. I haven't posted about my issues b/c I was just kind of blowing them off but I ended up calling my midwife today and they wanted to see me immediately.

For the last week or so I've been feeling "off". I can't put it into any better words. I have been lightheaded, dizzy, have had bad headaches, have had to put Aidan down b/c I felt like I was going to pass out. I am the type of person that blows something off and ignores it b/c I don't want to seem like I'm paranoid or a whiner (esp when all has been well with Ryan - he is just as active as ever) but after talking to a couple ppl today I decided that wasn't so smart. So I called and they had me come in right away. The good news: my bp was perfect so no worries there. But they aren't sure what exactly is wrong with me. They scheduled an u/s for Thurs (yay, another pic of Ryan!) to check up on him and make sure he is okay. I have to see my midwife on Monday and a week from Monday they want me to meet with the Dr in charge of the practice. They want him to be familiar with me and my pg in case something happens and I need to go in to the hospital early. He is the head so he'd be the one to okay the order. So it looks like I'll be going to the Dr every week from here on out to be monitored.

Another issue - they want me to get in to the diabetes clinic ASAP. My blood sugars have been pretty inconsistent even when I am eating the same thing at the same time. Yesterday I ate normally all day and my blood sugars were too low. Today they were low again so I made sure I ate a "carb heavy" meal in hopes of raising it. Not a chance - my bs was only 100 which is REALLY low for the amt of carbs I had. This worries me. I called the diabetes center and left a msg with them tonight explaining what is going on. Hopefully they get back to me soon.

I guess that is it for now. If you read this far I thank you for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews