Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Birth Story


Figure I'll take advantage now - Erynn and DH are sleeping right now lol. (The boys are with my SIL)

Seriously, the easiest labor ever - I couldn't have asked for more!

So I was scheduled to be induced on Tues Dec 11th. I woke up around 2am with cramps - I tried to ignore them. At 3am I decided I should start keeping track of them. They were less than 10min apart each time, usually 6-8min. I had never gone into spontaneous labor on my own so I had no idea what to expect. In retrospect I can't believe I didn't think I'd know when I was in labor. DUH! EASY to tell lol. At 6:30am I called my midwifery office and told them I'd been having contractions for 3.5 hours that were 6-8min apart. They told me to head on in to the hospital.

I got to the hospital at 7am. Got registered, checked in, settled into my room on the birthing unit and hooked up to an IV. Walked around the maternity and birthing wards from 9-10am. At 10am I was sent back to my room to be checked again. 5cm, 90%. 12pm rolled around and they came to do my epidural. Easy - didn't feel a thing - it was great. 1:30pm my midwife came in to break my water. Here is the ODD thing. NO water came out. At all. We still don't know what happened to it b/c when Erynn was born there wasn't any either. Maybe she drank it?? lol.

3pm comes. Agnes (mw) comes in and I tell her that I'm starting to feel my contractions again. She tried the epi machine but nothing doin so she said she'd check me and then I could get a bolis (sp?) shot. Well, betcha can guess what happened when she checked me. Yep 10cm and ready to go!!!! Yahoo!!! They get all geared up, get the bassinet ready and with my next contraction I give one push and there was Erynn! I reached down, pulled her up and that was it. One more push and out came the placenta - alllll done. She has no conehead, nothing. Didn't have time to get one I guess. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews