Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's definite

I am definitely having surgery. I was examined by the surgeon yesterday afternoon. There was good news and bad news. Good news - it's not my uterus hanging out. Bad news - it's my bladder hanging out. I don't have to have the partial hysterectomy right now. He did tell me that that's not to say I won't need one in the future but he doesn't want to start out with that right away. Right now I have to wear a "pessory" to help hold everything up. It's a ring that I have to insert and wear all day. I can take it out at night. I HATE it but what can I do. The procedure he will perform is called an "Anterior and Posterior Repair." From what I gleaned (this guy is REALLY hard to talk to - dry as damn toast) they will go in and repair my muscle walls so that they come back together and hold my bladder where it should be. My surgery is March 21st at 8am. I'll either spend one night or the entire weekend in the hospital. I'm *praying* that I am able to go back to work on March 31st as scheduled. I'm not ready to but fianancially I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews