Wednesday, February 18, 2009

ER Visit 7-27-08

We were in the ER from 10p last night to 3a this morning. Then I had to get up at 5a for work. We even ended up leaving the ER AMA (against medical advice) b/c it was so late and I had to work today.
Ryan woke up screaming at 945p last night. I went in to get him and he was on FIRE. His temp (by ear) was 105.7. I almost croaked. I woke John up (who had fallen asleep in front of the tv – shocker) and told him we needed to go to the ER immediately. We waited in there for 5 hours. The only thing they gave him was Motrin. At 230a he still had SEVEN people in front of him and they couldn’t push him through any faster b/c they were considered higher importance then him. At this point his fever had come down some so I told them that we would take him to his Dr today and that we had to leave. I had to get up in two hours – couldn’t sit there waiting. The nurse said it would be a long time before the Dr got to us and that she thought our plan was the best route to go. Gotta love the health care system. I came into work this morning, called my boss and told her I'm only working a half day. I'm a walking zombie right now. I can't wait to get Ryan to the Dr and find out what is wrong with my poor kid.


Update
Hey girls, I'm sorry I didn't update before now. We were all right - he has a nasty double ear infection. Dr put him on a high dose of antibiotics and hopefully he will start feeling better by tomorrow. He is currently in bed screaming his head off b/c he just wants "uppie." He is so overtired I think he can't to sleep. Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews