Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ER Trips (mom and me)


I swear girls, if it weren't for bad luck I'd have none at all.

My brother called me last night saying something was wrong with my Mom. He wanted me to listen to a vm my Mom left him so he came over and let me hear it. She sounded like she was absolutely shitfaced so I told him that we needed to go to her apt. I get there and I can clearly see the right side of her face is drooping and she is slurring her words terribly. I told her to get in the car that we were taking her to the ER. They did a CAT Scan and it turns out my Mom had a stroke. She is up on the cardiac care unit right now b/c they want to monitor her heart. 3 (or 4?) yrs ago my Mom had a quintuple bypass. All looks good there so she is going to be moved. They were doing an MRI on her today and she met with a neurologist as well and we're waiting for the results. I learned last yr that it takes 3 days for a stroke to run it's course and I'm thinking it began yesterday (thank God it wasn't earlier in the week) b/c today her slurring was MUCH more pronounced. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse by tomorrow. Please say a little prayer for my Mom if you can spare it!

The second trip: While we were at the hospital w/my Mom I missed a pumping time. By 12:30am I am in complete agony and I tell my brother I have to go home to pump and feed Ryan. Well, I pump 4oz and I feed him for 15min on top of that and I am still in more pain than I can remember being in in a long time. John makes me a rice sock and that doesn't help at all. I put hot compresses on and then cold - nothing. I am shivering and shaking uncontrollably. I tell John that I can't wait 6hrs for my midwife to open so he takes me to the ER. (SIL stayed w/the kids) Right before we left I took my temp and it was only 98.2 so I was hoping that meant I didn't have any infection. We get to the hosp (less than 10min later) they take my vitals and my temp is 100. They check me in and give me 3 Tylenol. Take my temp again in an hour and it's 100.5. Turns out I have Mastitis. My right boob is TWICE the size of my left and from 12:00 to 6:00 is hard as a rock. They put me on 500mg of an antibiotic, give me Motrin and tell me, as many of you already know, that the only way to clear it up is to keep pumping and feeding. Which I am doing.

SIL couldn't go to hospital today and asked John and I if we would take shifts but I couldn't even pick up my boys b/c of the pain so I volunteered to go all day. I spent the day bouncing back and forth between MIL, my Mom and pumping. I'm praying this gets better really quickly. I haven't been around to upload the NE GTG pics that I have but I will get them done soon. DH is at in service this week every night so I can only pop on for a min.

Thx for reading if you got this far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews