Tuesday, February 17, 2009

After Stroke update 9-20-06

Morning girls,

Well, my mother is officially being transferred to a skilled nursing center today. So she'll be out of the hosp environment. Of course it's still a rehab/nursing center but it's less hospital like. She is very excited and is okay with the move. She'll have her own room which is KEY for her b/c of her age. She will have rehab twice a day as well.

My brother and I toured the place she is going to on Sunday and it's REALLY nice. It's called St. Joseph's Manor. My brother said he thought he'd be struck by lightening since it is a Catholic run place and there are crosses and the like all over the place lol. But it is very nice. They have a HUGE menu to choose from daily and are acoomodating with extra choices (huge for my Mom since she has been eating hosp food for the last 3 months) they have a lot of activites for them to do, a nice outside area to go and sit on good days, a chapel so she can start going back to Mass if she'd like. The BEST part - it's 15min tops from my house. Sinai was 40min! We found out about this place b/c my best friend's husband's aunt (got that??) is the Head of Nursing there and his grandparents each stayed there for a time. I feel comfortable with his reccommendation and after seeing it.

Hopefully this only means good things for my Mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews