Wednesday, February 18, 2009

5-13-08 update

My sister: Cheryl is a mess. So many things have happened but I honestly didn't want to post day after day about things so I've just kind of kept to myself. I'm really scared for her and I HATE how far away she is b/c I'm not there. She has had 5 bypass surgeries so far. They didn't end up taking her whole finger (I have NO idea how the hell they pulled that one off) but they did take the tip of it. She told me that they found a tumor in her left ventricle. They are saying now that they aren't sure that she even has epilepsy. They think the tumor is causing her seizures. Then, yes b/c this is apparantly not enough, I get a call last night saying my sister was rushed to the emergency room. She stopped breathing at work. They had to perform CPR and intubate. She says she remembers being at work and then grabbing her boss's arm b/c she couldn't breathe. Next thing she knew she woke up in the hospital with a tube down her throat. They took it out yest afternoon and I was able to talk to her last night. I was crying after I hung up b/c she sounds like an 80yr old stroke victim. I wish I could describe it to you guys but she can't even talk normally. She talks all "hitchy." It took forever for her to get out 4 to 5 words. They have NO idea what is wrong with her. They did an MRI and a CAT scan and they came back clean so at least we know she didn't have a stroke. But now they need to find out what is wrong. I will try and keep you updated - I just don't want to inundate the board with my bad news.

The kids: are all doing really well. Thank God. Aside from the colds and double ear infections I have no complaints.
Aidan is still PTing. We're finding that poops are a hurdle. He doesn't like to go poop on the potty so he does have some accidents. Not all - but more often than not. He is peeing like a champ now - even *standing up* to pee like daddy - yay!
Ryan is still as fiesty as ever. We're planning his bday party now and he is looking forward to it. He knows he is having a dinosaur party and if you ask him what a dinosaur says he starts roaring lol. He's starting to use more and more words now that the damn nuk is gone too. He is working on his two yr molars right now so he has a fever off and on all the time. He always gets a fever w/teeth.
Erynn is just so sweet. I can't believe I said I never wanted a girl - I'm so glad that changed!!! She is now LOVING the cereal. It is SO damn funny to watch her eat b/c she gets all overexcited and flails around trying to shovel the food in. I'm working on her nighttime schedule now. I'm pretty sure the boys were going to bed at 7p at this point and sleeping until 7a so we need to work on that. Last night she went down about 7p but didn't stay asleep. She went down for good at 830p but was up at 515a with a wet diaper. She ate then, went right back to sleep and is still sleeping now. DH says she'll probably be up again in a half hour or so. I guess I shouldn't complain huh? Her bottom two teeth are *right* there and should be in soon.

DH: He is still without a job. I'm not sure if I ever posted but after he had his surgery and he was out on DB they gave his job away. No notice, no nothing, just called up and said hey, by the way. So he was told he would be on full time DB b/c his Dr wrote a note saying he wasn't fit to return to work. Well, he stopped getting paid DB two months ago and we have no idea why. He has been calling the Ins Co every.single.day for the last 4wks and he is getting the run around from them. He finally got in touch with someone last week who said he was listed in the system and should be rcving checks. Well, guess what. SHE actually asked HIM why he wasn't getting paid! Hello?! YOU are supposed to be paying him - how the hell would he know why he hasn't been? She said she was going to talk to the head of the dept who signed off on it and get back to him. Haven't heard since.

I'm trying really really hard to be positive right now but I feel like I just can't get out from underneath everything. I think I am usually a pretty positive person but right now it's just so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. If I could just get some kind of break just long enough to catch my breath I'd be happy. I thank God every day for my kids b/c I *know* I am blessed - they truly are the light of my life. Especially now!

Anyway, that's it with me. THANK YOU if you have read this far. I know it's a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews