Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Update 4-5-07

Just got home from the hospital. It's not great news.

My Mom is in Congestive Heart Failure, Renal failure, she has cellulitis in her left leg and she has pneumonia. They have her up in Intensive Care. She'll be there for a while the Dr says. When she was admitted to the hosp today her pulsox was in the low 70's. I almost fell over - it's supposed to be 95% and up! She is hooked up to a BiPap machine - it's essentially forcing her to breathe. They told me she is one step away from being intubated. I am praying that it doesn't come to that. If she can stay on the BiPap machine for the night they will try taking her off it and putting a regular oxygen mask on her face. If she tolerates that and keeps her pulsox off then that will be a step in the right direction. I had to sign a consent form to put a Central Line in her chest. If her BP stays down and her urine function continues to improve then they won't have to do it but they needed my consent just in case. (I am my Mom's Healthcare Proxy)

Would you girls mind saying a few more prayers for my Mom? I would really appreciate it.

TY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews