Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sleep issues 8-16-06


Hi girls,

I wish I could stay on longer - I've replied to a couple of posts but DH is on days this week so it's me by myself w/the boys. I'll come back tonight.

I just wanted to give an update on the nuk though - it's officially GONE!! Aidan hasn't used it since Sat night. Or was it Sun night? I don't know - whenever I posted that I was weaning - I did it cold turkey and haven't given in.

I do have a question though for those of you who just recently did this - did you notice a change in your DC's sleeping habits? Aidan has woken up more these past few nights than ever. The first night he slept but woke up at 5am and was up ALL DAMN DAY. No nap - he refused to go down. Yesterday he slept til 6am and wouldn't go back to sleep until I brought him into bed w/me. Then he did. Nap was the same thing - wouldn't take one unless I napped too. Which I did b/c, honestly girls, I just needed the rest - but I do NOT want to do this every day.

I haven't tried putting him down for a nap today but I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen. I rock him for about 5min usually he starts drifting off. I put him in bed, say time for a nap, kiss him and walk out. He either sleeps for a few min or starts screaming right away. I just walk out and shut the door to let him CIO but the last few days he hasn't stopped SCREAMING at the top of his lungs and he rips his room to shit too. Pulls the blanket and his animals off the bed, pulls the cushion off the chair, the quilt off the back of it, the changing pad off the table. It's a MESS. I go in and make him pick it all up (trying hard not to giggle as my little peanut tries to get the pad back UP on the changing table LMAO) and it's getting really frustrating to go through this. I'm running out of steam.

PLEASE - give me any advice you can think of. I am so tempted to try giving him back the nuk to see if that makes all of this go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews