Friday, January 23, 2009

37 weeks

So I had my appt yesterday afternoon.

First off let me say how weird it was when the midwife walked in and it was a girl I had gone to High School with!!! Oy!! I was like okay, in a minute this girl is going to get to know me SO much more than she ever thought. LOL. (The practice I go to has 6 dr's and 2 midwives - they like you to meet everyone at least once so yesterday afternoon was my first time meeting the midwife.) It was okay though - I'm not normally a very shy person - I just thought to myself sorry about the fact that I haven't shaved my legs! LMAO.

Anyways, I am 1cm dilated and 40% effaced. In her estimation the baby is about 7.5lbs and she is figuring on him being 8.5lbs. So much for having a little peanut huh? LOL. She said my belly is measuring 2cm ahead of "normal" (whatever that means) but everything looks great. I go again in a week and she said we'll start talking about the evening primrose oil and raspberry tea. She also said they'll strip my membranes if I'm interested. Not exactly sure what this means..........is this something I should be interested in?

Other than that I'm thinking that I am NOT going to deliver this baby anytime soon. So put me last on the December Mommies list! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews