Friday, January 23, 2009

REFLUX

I am dying over here.

I've had AR for a couple of yrs now. I've been on Aciphex 20mg a day but that stopped working as soon as I hit 26wks. I am literally up all night long TMI coughing up acid. To the point where I never want to see what my esophagus looks like b/c I'm sure it's damaged beyond repair. Anyways, while at the dr last week I explained that my AR has gotten SO much worse and I asked if she could put me on something else. She did. I'm on Carafate now. 4X a day. Now instead of having AR at night I have it ALL day long. I literally am steps away from crying. I can't even take Tums now b/c I have to wait at least an hour from my last pill which I only took 30min ago. If you don't have AR then you probably won't know what I am talking about but I am in constant pain. It's like battery acid in the back of my throat at all times of the day and night.

Bottom line - is there anyone else who had AR before and during pg that was put on something that actually worked for them? I know it will get better once Aidan is born but honest to God I will never last another 10wks like this.

Any help would be appreciated - TIA!!!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews