Friday, January 23, 2009

1st Dr appt

1-10-05

Hi girls!

I"m trying to be better at getting on and responding to posts but it's not going so well - there is always somethign to do! I still have to do Aidan's birth story too.

Well, he had his first dr's appt today and everything is great. I told the dr we are still having bfing issues - no matter what I do he will not feed for more than a min or two at a time. I've tried the nipple shield - everything - nothing works. Dr says I can go either way with this. I can continue to pump and bottle feed or I can force Aidan to nurse by not giving him any bottles and keep trying the bfing. I'm still not sure what I am going to do. Any recco's?

Other than that everything is fine. Dr says Aidan is very strong - he is already holding his head up when he is on his tummy. Dr was very impressed with how well his is doing. Weight is good too. He was 8lbs, 9oz at birth, 8lbs, 2oz when we were discharged from the hosp and today weighed in at 8lbs, 15oz. I told the Dr Aidan is eating every 3 hours and he eats about 3oz. I said I think he'd eat more and the dr said go ahead and give him more. So now I have to increase my milk lol. Depending on how much he eats per sitting. I double pump but at this rate he may be eating both bottles!!

I want to increase my milk - I know to eat oatmeal and take fenugreek (thanks Hollis!!). This is probably a dumb ques but can I eat any oatmeal? Does it have to be plain? Also, what else can I do/take to increase my milk supply?

Thanks girls!!!

(((HUGS)))
Christine and Aidan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews