Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Day 7

What's Your Dream Job?

Oh boy.  This is a tough one!

When I was growing up, it was Cosmetologist.  Um, does anyone even use that term anymore?!  Now it's hairstylist, aesthetician, etc.  I was sure I'd grow up and be doing people's hair.  I wanted to cut hair, I wanted to give facials.  All of it.  Now I'm not sure I could do it.  Unless I owned my own place.  Then I could keep my own hours, make my own money.  Maybe then I could pull it off.  But that's a lot.

Then it switched to Event Planner.  I would LOVE to spend my time planning weddings, parties, that sort of thing.  I love doing that and I have fun getting it done!  I planned my wedding and then two years later I planned one of my good friends' weddings because she lived out of state.  I went to the venue and did all of the planning, planned it.  Then I helped plan my guy bf's (first) wedding too.  I loved it!  Even now.  Just doing my kids birthday parties - I tend to go a little overboard with the themes and such.  Thankyouverymuch Pinterest for turning me into "that" Mom when it comes to my kids birthday parties.  LOL.

Now.........I would love to be a stay at home Mom who gets to volunteer.  But, I'd have to be independently wealthy for that to happen so it's a pipe dream.  For sure.  It's never going to happen. 

I'm pretty happy with what I do now though.  I'm an Executive Assistant four days a week to the Vice President of Global Female Shave Care.  Sounds super important right?   It's not.  It's a day job like everyone else LOL.  BUT.  My boss is super nice.  She's the nicest boss I've ever worked for.   My colleagues are wonderful.  My team treats me well.  For the most part.   My co-workers, the other girls that do the same thing that I do are great.  Sure there is the typical office crap that tends to be everywhere you go, there is no escaping that, but for the most part I am really happy here.  I'm lucky enough to work four days and have three days at home.  Not many people can say that.  Most days I'm happy here and not many people can say that either.  So, while I may not have my dream job, I'm pretty damn happy with the one I've got!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews