Monday, May 5, 2014

Day 4

Best Childhood Memory

Oh gosh.  This one is going to be tough.  My brother will tell you it drives him crazy because I don't remember much about my childhood.  I didn't have an awful one.  I had a pretty typical one I think...especially these days.  My Dad left us when I was four, my Mom raised 3 kids on her own.  My grandmother helped her out a lot but she passed when I was 12.  Then I had to watch my brother and sister every day after school until my Mom came home.  When I was 15 yrs old I started working part time at Dunkin Donuts - as soon as I could get that little yellow slip of paper from the school counselor it was game on LOL!   I thought I was big time back then - making tips every day and getting a paycheck.  Watch out now!  But that was pretty typical - it's not unheard of.  We didn't have a lot but we didn't suffer either.  Or at least I didn't know it back then.  Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.  

Anyway.  My favorite childhood memory.  I guess it would collectively be summers at my grandmothers house.  We pretty much would live there with her.  My Mom worked full time as a nurse and when we were off my g-ma would watch us.  She had an inground pool in her backyard and we'd just spend the days swimming away.   We'd sleep on those tri-fold beach chairs on her three season porch when it got TOO hot in the summertime.  Otherwise it was the pull-out sofa in the living room.  We were just water babies for those 2+ months every year and we loved it.  

So I guess that's what I'll go with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews