Monday, May 5, 2014

Day 3

What makes you happy?

Well, that's easy.  My family.  If we're going topline, gut reaction answer - there you have it.  My little core family of five makes me happy and is my world.  They are my everything.  Nothing comes before them, nothing matters as much as they do.  That's my short, to the point answer.  

Now, what else makes me happy?  In NO particular order:

- Glamping
- Beach days
- tulips
- dinner / drinks with friends
- monthly dinner with my friends
- my best friends.  They aren't who I thought they once were but they are the tried and true, the ones who always stand by me.  The ones who DON'T judge, the ones who don't talk and think I don't know when they do.  The ones I'm truly safe with and never find out any differently about.  The ones I can always trust.  I can call and know they'll be there.  Who are there for me, my kids, whenever, wherever.  
- my other family.  They aren't all blood but they know who they are.  The non-blood are even more special because they are my chosen family.  The ones I would do anything for no matter what.
- pajama days!
- date nights
- cooking for people - I love entertaining and having people over
- reading
- baking with my kids
- movies
- music
- family vacations
- spring
- fall
- apple picking
- cuddling with my kids
- naps (although who gets naps anymore?!)
- laying by the pool
- spa days (yes, these are far and few between but these make me happy)
- pedicures
- my kids laughing

There are a lot of things that make me happy.  I like to think I'm generally a happy person. I try to always have a smile on my face although I do have my rough patches just like everyone else.  But I'm grateful for what I have.  I'm blessed for everything I've worked for, been given, gone through and will go through.   Everything happens for a reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews