Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Day 13

Do you have regret?

I had to really think about this one.  I remember being asked this question once and I remember saying I regret having cheated on my ex.  I do still regret that because I am not a cheater.  It's something I never thought I'd do.  The circumstances behind it helped lead up to it - I'm not saying that excuses what happened by any stretch.  But there was a LOT of backstory there.  The whole night never should have happened.  

That being said, everything that has happened in my life has led me to be the person that I am today.  I am a firm believer of everything happening for a reason.  I am who I am because of what I have been through, the things that have happened to me, the things I have done, the decisions I have made and the outcomes of those decisions, good or bad.  I have learned my lessons - good and bad - from everything I have done.  I think I am a good person and I like who I am today.  I have to believe that the people who have been in my life like me as well because they've all been around for a very long time.  The friendships I have - the REAL friendships, the ride or die, truthful ones - I've had them for a very long time.  If I wasn't a good person, they'd have left or weeded me out long ago.  So, while I do regret that one action, I do believe it happened for a reason and I do believe it helped make me into the person I am today.  I had something to learn from it.  There isn't anything else I regret.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews