Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Day 6

Your Last Random Act of Kindness

Hmmmmm.  Well, it's a small one - to me anyway.  But I guess it depends on your perspective.  I had a kid free afternoon b/c my kids were at a play date.  A few weeks earlier my bf told me she was going away for the weekend and she had asked me if her hubby wasn't home in time would I be able to watch her twins?  I said sure.  But I didn't hear anything back after that so I totally forgot about it.  Didn't think about it again honestly.  I'm a planner so I nail things down way ahead of time, especially if I know they are set plans, you know?  

So, we're at our hair appt and all of a sudden I hear her talking about how I am going to drive her to the T station and then take her boys for the afternoon.  I was like huh??   I said Ummmm, I'm taking the boys today??   She said yes, I thought you said you'd watch them for me when I went away to VT for the weekend until hubby comes home?   I said yes, 3 wks ago I said sure, I'd do it if you need me to but I never heard back again!  LOL!!   She said oh!  Whooops!   LMAO!   She said you are so organized that I didn't think you'd need reminding.   I said no, I normally don't but you said you might not even need me b/c N might be getting home from work early or whatnot.   To be fair, she's pregnant and I blame baby brain!  

So, I had NO kids of my own from 11:30a to 5:30p but I took on 4 yr old twins for the day b/c my bf was going out of town.   I guess that would be my last random act of kindness because that was only two weeks ago.   It's a small thing to me but to her it was a big deal - giving up my free afternoon to take care of her boys.   I love those two like my own though so it was okay.  We had a great day.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews