Sunday, June 12, 2011

There is nothing better

Than having a really great weekend.

This was definitely one of those weekends. A weekend where you almost feel it's okay to have to go back to work because the weekend was just that good. That's how I am feeling tonight. Nothing major occured. Nothing that would knock your socks off. It was just a great weekend.

It started out on Friday morning. I took Ryan to school a bit early so we could give his teachers their end-of-the-year thank you gifts. I know not everyone does this. I now know that what I did might have been a tad overboard (at least that is what I am being told) but these three ladies were amazing and Ryan really loved them. I enjoyed volunteering in his class and I wanted to show them just how much I appreciated everything they did for Ryan.
Friday afternoon we did the grocery shopping and hit Target to get some cheap t-shirts and stuff for the kids. Just a few things, nothing major.
Friday night was a bit rough. I had plans with my cousin and a couple of friends. We were going to do karaoke but that fell through. Well, maybe fell through is the wrong term. Truth be told, I had to cancel. After grocery shopping and the "little" Target run (WHY is it that I can never get out of that store without spending less than $100?!?!) my Friday night fundage was defunct. Postponed for a couple of weeks but not a big deal. John and I stayed in, put the kids to bed and just hung out together. Nice.


Saturday started off at the ass crack of dawn. For some unknown reason my lovely daughter was up at 6:30am. That NEVER happens. She is a great sleeper and usually sleeps in on the weekend. Ugh. Since I was up I thought I'd find some information out about an email I received the day before. Old Navy was having a sale on all denim shorts - 60% off. But the sale was only being held from 7a - 11a. Clearly Erynn waking up at the ass crack was a sign that I should get up and drive to Hingham for this fantastic sale. So we, yes WE because she is a little diva and loves to shop, headed out at 7a. Got there and what a shit show that was. They had all of two prs of shorts that would work for my family. (Myself discluded b/c I do NOT wear shorts. Hello, my thighs haven't stopped making out since 1994. I'm not about to create extra friction with a short hemline. Thanks much, I'll pass.)

So, we headed home. Aidan was supposed to have a t-ball game but it was raining so that was cancelled. Boo. The day picked up rather quickly though. My Father in Law, from here on out known as "Dad" because he is the only Dad I've ever really had (that's a long story, don't ask) decided that my kids needed clothes and took us shopping. YAHOOOO! We hit the mall. The kids got much needed clothing (put it this way. It was rainy and cold on Saturday. Erynn was wearing shorts because she didn't have ONE pair of jeans that fit. Baby girl had hit a growth spurt and every pair of jeans she put on looked like freaking clam diggers. Ugh. Just want to point out though that I didn't know this UNTIL we had to put one of her pr's of jeans on her!) and they each got a pair of new sneakers. Thank you VERY much to Paul, my brother in law's brother, because he gave us his discount. Aidan, Ryan, Erynn and John ALL got brand new kicks for $172. Nike sneakers no less. If you know anything about retail you know that was a kick ass deal. Dad then took us out to lunch. Yes, he is the BEST father I know and no, he isn't looking to adopt any other kids. Seriously, there are no words to describe how blessed we are.

Saturday night we had dinner plans. We made these a month ago and I had tucked money aside for it. (Just to explain why we were okay to go out Sat night for dinner but not on Friday night for drinks due to lack of funds. Like you needed an explanation, but still.) So, dinner. Longhorn Steakhouse with Tiffany and Jon. We had a GREAT time. I love spending time with these two. We just click and it's always guaranteed to be full of laughs. After dinner we hit Kohl's because Jon had some shorts to return. We may have walked out with a few more things for the kids. I may have walked out with one or three more charms for my Pandora bracelet. Sidenote: Kohl's has some really great beads that fit on the Pandora and they are a lot less expensive. If you have a pandora, take a look. After dinner we went back to Tiff and Jon's for some drinks and to sit around the fire. The weather was a tad iffy so we set up a canopy to sit under. The best part of the evening is when we pulled in Tiff's driveway to pick them up. I see her through the kitchen door and I groan. We had the SAME DAMN SHIRT ON. I don't think I have EVER done that with anyone in my life. I had JUST purchased the shirt at Old Navy that morning. Tiff had bought it at another Old Navy the night before. Mine was navy striped and hers was orange. Unreal. Hysterical. I told her she had to change since I wasn't driving all the way back home to change. She thought it was a riot and decided not to. I bet we looked like tools but it was so funny so who cares.

Today I woke up early and had a hair across my ass (WHO the hell comes up with these sayings???? I'm not sure but it fits so I'm using it.) about cleaning. I get in these moods now and again and watch out. The entire upstairs got revamped today. ALL of the kids clothes that we bought over the weekend were detagged, washed, dried, sorted and put away. I stripped all of the kids beds, blankets, stuffed animals, pillow pets, the whole nine - washed it all, remade the beds. Their rooms, drawers, closets, everything were all sorted and reorganized. I cleaned out the kids, ahem, Mike and Brandon's bathroom closet and organized that as well. I remade my bed, organized my closet, cleaned the bathroom. I just love doing this. I'm not sure why, I just do. I made a kick ass dinner too. Not to toot my own horn but toot toot!! I made stuffed peppers. Normally I'll serve with rice or egg noodles. Today I decided to try something a little different. I whipped up a homemade pasta sauce and served it with that instead. Holy. SO good. The kids each had two servings. John, Mike and Brandon raved. It really was good. There was barely enough left for me to take for my lunch tomorrow lol. This meal will definitely be getting put on my Sunday meal rotation. I tend to save the more elaborate or special meals for Sunday. The ones that take a fair amount of time to cook because Sunday is the day of the week I try to save for family.

Tonight I'm just getting ready for work, finishing up some laundry and, clearly, catching up on my blog. So, while it may not be yours, this was my version of a pretty damn perfect weekend. Bring on Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews