Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Just when you thought you knew me....

Today's song challenge comes out.

day 14 - a song that no one would expect you to love.

Hmmmm, good one! I have a few that I do love that I don't think people know about. Let's get this ball (or song) rolling, shall we?

I don't know what it is about this song. It doesn't remind me of any person, place or thing. I just really like it. I get goosebumps when I hear it. Which, admittedly, isn't that often.



This is definitely one that would be unexpected. I've always loved the melody and I recently discovered there were actually WORDS. Imagine that. Her voice is haunting. It's a beautiful song.



Then to do a complete 180. Like I've said before, my music tastes are widespread. There is no rhyme or reason. I make no excuses. What can I say. Best of both worlds......nice slow melody and then kick ass metal.



I love driving with this on the radio, I love singing to it at the top of my lungs.



Yet another genre....shocking. This song reminds me of good times with the girls. Going out dancing. Having fun. It always brings a smile to my face.



And one more for the sentimental. Sort of. Maybe sentimental is a bad choice of words. This song is kind of like my eff you for the people who said John and I wouldn't last....it's me flipping the bird. Yeah, sentimental may be pushing it. Just because a person gets engaged after only three months of dating doesn't mean that the marriage won't last. We're coming up on ten years and I'm happier than the day I married him. He's my perfect match (just for putting up with me alone the man deserves a medal!) and my best friend. I love this song because it describes exactly how I feel. Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, a few of those were on my past challenges haha song stealer ;-)

    No wonder we're friends haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were they really?! LMAO! Well, don't look tomorrow. You already know that you stole some of my planned songs lol. But I'm trying to come up with alternatives as well. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews