Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hello Boston, Stanley here, nice to see you again!

I almost feel like I shouldn't be allowed to blog about this. But, you know what I say. It's MY blog and I can post if I want to! ;oP

I'm not a huge sports fan. I don't watch much of any sport. I will watch the Superbowl but I'm *that* girl that watches for the commercials. Don't hate me. At least I'm honest.

I haven't watched hockey since my husband played. Back then it was fun and exciting because it was live and in my face. Watching sports at home just does nothing for me. Sorry, but that is the truth. Maybe it would be different, like when John played, if I experienced live. But I've never done that. Actually, I *may* have gone to one Bruins game about 14 yrs ago. I think maybe i did with an ex. Aside from that - zip, zero, zilch, nada. Maybe that is why I'm not really into it. Who knows.

However. I know how important this moment in time is. The Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup last night. I did watch some of the game. Not much. I fully admit to having gone to bed early because I had a migraine. Again. Yes, I woke up with it. Again. That's the second time this week and I'm over it.

I digress.

So, the Bruins won the cup. I get how huge this is. It's been 39 years since the cup has been in Beantown. We played Vancouver. We beat them in their own house. We shut them out in their own house. SWEET victory. Game 7, score 4-0. Amazing. I absolutely grasp that. I am proud of "our" boys, they worked their asses off (hey, I'm not completely in the dark, I really do get it!) and they truly deserve this win.

Congratulations to the Boston Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews