Thursday, June 30, 2011

Busy.....Busy.....yes, still busy!

It's Thursday! YAY!!! I cheer because Thursday is MY Friday. Love it. Before you get all up in arms and jealous (HA) I work (4) ten hour days in order for this to happen. 630a to 5p Mon - Thurs. I think I deserve to have Thursday be my Friday.

This is another busy weekend. I know, if you are reading this and you know me you are probably rolling your eyes. It does seem like I am *always* busy. You're right, to a point. There are days when we get to stay in as a family and have what the kids like to call "jama day" and we love those days. But, most of the time, we are busy.

Tonight I am going to do karaoke with my cousin. Well officially, Christine, isn't my cousin. My father married her aunt (his 2nd marriage) and while they were married we grew up together. I don't know how long they were married - I was too young for that. So, we call each other cousins. We hadn't seen each other in YEARS but her blood cousin is my half sister who I still keep in touch with. I think the first time I saw Christine again was when I attended the wake of her grandmother last year. We've been keeping in touch ever since and we hang out now. I didn't realize how much I missed her until I got to hang out and spend time with her again. It's also really cool to hang out with her as an "adult" because your perceptions and perspectives change as you get older. I love that we get along now as well as we did back then. Interesting sidenote. I am Christine and my sister is Cheryl. SHE is Christine and HER sister is Cheryl. We are all the same age. My middle name is Ann and my sister's middle name is Marie. SHE is Marie and HER sister is Ann. Growing up she went as Chrissy b/c I hated being called Chrissy and her sister was Cheryl Ann so we could distinguish who people were talking to. Random, but funny.

Tomorrow we are driving down to Manomet to spend the day with Cheri and her family. Cheri and I met online about 10 years ago. While planning our wedding I went on theknot.com a lot. They have message boards. The same people frequent these message boards so you get to know them. TK got kind of funky, so someone created a "spinoff" board called Momstyle. We've been on ever since. That is how I met Cheri. She is from Connecticut and we actually get together at least once a year, if not more often. I'm SUPER excited to get to see her, Doug and the girls......I think it's actually been a year since we've seen them. Maybe less, but pretty close. We'll go down there before lunch and spend the afternoon with them. Tomorrow night Susan, Rob, John and I are going to a Brockton Rox game. Thank you again CMC for the free box seats!

Saturday John is taking the boys to see Transformers with Jonny U and Ryan. I'm doing lunch with Susan and Erynn and then we are stopping by my cousin, Christine's, surprise party at 3pm. I'm super excited. She has no idea. I'm not sure how late we'll stay. There will be a lot of people there that I don't know and I don't do well in that kind of setting. Saturday night Susan and I are going to the movies to see Bad Teacher. I scored 2 movie tickets on Fandango for $9. That's the price of one ticket around here! Thank you Facebook because I wouldn't have known about that deal otherwise.

Sunday was supposed to be a beach day but I think that is falling through. It's supposed to be cloudy with scattered thunderstorms. We'll have to come up with a back up plan. It's looking to be a VERY busy weekend so maybe we'll just relax on Sunday. But, knowing me, probably not.

Monday is the Thornton cookout. We have done a cookout with Julie and Glendon for years, barring ONE year (last year) where they weren't going to have the cookout so we did our annual trip to MD over that weekend. J&G started this tradition back when I was with my ex so I've been doing this cookout for at least 13 years. Love it. Nice, relaxing day by the pool surrounded by good food and great friends. The kids get together and play and we all just have a fantastic time.

So, while it's going to be a busy weekend it's going to be such a great weekend that I can't wait to get started! YAHOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews