Monday, June 6, 2011

Bust out the Aquanet............I'm guilty!

day 13 - a song that is a guilty pleasure.

There isn't just one song........there are many, many songs. I have a whole category of guilty pleasure songs. Songs sung by 80's Hair Bands. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, these are my guilty pleasures. Mock me, poke fun, laugh hysterically - it's all good. But I do love me some 80's big hair bands.

You know you love them too........keep your foot from tapping, keep yourself from humming along......you can try, but you will fail.

Classic. Big hair, men with perms, long leather jackets, deep, soulful looks at the camera. What's not to love???



Another classic by Whitesnake......Tawny Kitaen rolling all over the hoods of cars . Yes, that makes perfect sense to me. (and did anyone else catch the full boob shot when she is hanging out the window of the car? Wonder if that was shown on MTV back in the day)



Clearly I can't talk about 80's hair bands without bringing up Poison. These guys wore more makeup than I did as a teenager. Hell, Brett still wears more than I do now! But, make up faux pas aside, this is still a kick ass band.



Another good one........Great White. I think me and my girlfriend had a dance made up to this little ditty. I definitely remember playing the cassette single while dressing her little cousins up in dresses. Yeah, they were boys.



This one reminds me of my first boyfriend. We were obsessed with Skid Row.



I'm just noticing now.....ALL of these guys had big, blonde hair. I wonder why that is. Maybe it's why I never had a thing for blondes. ;oP I also think these guys could be singlehandedly responsible for the damage to our Ozone layer. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews