Monday, June 27, 2011

Funny things from the mouth of my kid

Every kid has those moments where they say something that just cracks you up. I'm going to try and remember to blog about the funnies from my kids because I think it will be hysterical to look back on these one day.

So it's Saturday morning. I'm lying in bed (I just may have had a slight horrible hangover from Friday night) and the kids are running around the master bedroom. They are waiting to get in the shower.

While they wait they decide they want to play hide and seek. This alone is funny because listening to a 6, 5 and 3 year old come up with rules and count is pretty amusing.

There are very few spots you can hide in when you limit hide and seek to one room. Which they did. Yet every time they found one another hiding on the far side of the bed you would think it was the first time, every time. The gasps of surprise and shrieks of hysterical laughter continued on, every time they found each other. In the same spot. Too much.

Anyway, it's Aidan's turn to count. Erynn and Ryan run off to hide. They decide they are going to hide in my closet. Aidan counts and he comes out. Runs right to the far side of the bed, you know, the predetermined hiding spot in this particular game. Imagine his surprise when they are NOT there this time. He turns to me and says "where are they???" I tell him he needs to go look. He runs from the room and heads down the hall to their bedrooms.

10 seconds or so goes by.

Then, I hear a voice. "Aidan!..........AIDAN!!!........We're IN THE CLOSET Aidan!"

I say "It's hide and seek Ryan, you aren't supposed to tell him where you are."

2 seconds of silence, then, "OH!"

Silence for 10 more seconds.

"Okay Mom, I won't tell him!"

LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews