Monday, May 9, 2011

Why do we feel the need to torture ourselves?!

Shoes.

I love them. (I've apparently passed this on to my daughter as well. I really think she is trying to become the next Imelda)

But they are the bain of my existence.

I love to look at them. I love to wear them. I love heels. But I do not wear heels as much as I used to. I think it's because I am self conscious. Wait, me? Noooo! Yeah, yeah, I hear you. Honestly, some of it is also from when I sprained my ankle last summer. I find that heels are MUCH harder to wear now because my ankle is so weak. I've become lazy about wearing them, flats are just so much easier. Another part is my height. I'm 5'8" and a half. YES that half counts for now. I've got to spread things out you know. ;o) So when I wear heels I feel soo awkward and out of place.

So today, I'm wearing these shoes.



Cute. As. Hell. Right?! AA, I bet you are proud of me! LOL

I love them but they make me SIX FEET TALL. NO joke. These are a 4 inch wedge people! I feel like the jolly green giant walking around the building today. I feel ridiculous when I'm taller than some of the guys walking around here. I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb. I probably don't but we all know I have issues. Yes, I'm hard on myself, why would it stop at shoes?? But they are so cute!

Another thing. The zipper on the back - yup, wrecking the back of my ankle. There are red, very angry marks here now. But they are so cute!

So I will bear with them. Suffer in silence. At least, in person. I can bitch on my blog because that is what it is here for, right??

1 comment:

Total Pageviews