Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's official! Glamping season has arrived!

I bet you are thinking, what the hell is "glamping?!"

Well, it's my version of camping. Glamour - Camping. I'm just being honest because how can you call sleeping in a 40 foot camper with two bedrooms, a bathroom/shower, kitchen and full-size refrigerator camping?? It's not really camping. So Glamping it is.

Memorial Day weekend officially kicked off our season. We have one weekend a month booked from now until October (well, two weekends in October) at Normandy Farms Campground. www.normandyfarms.com We LOVE it there. It's a bit more on the pricey side, I recognize that, but you get what you pay for and at NF you get a LOT. It's a super clean place first of all. There is nothing like camping somewhere that leaves you feeling skeeved out if you have to use the restroom. Gross. NF - totally clean. They have three outdoor pools and one indoor pool. One outdoor hot tub (right over the heated outdoor pool) and two indoor hot tubs. A sauna, a rec hall, a ceramics center, a huge playground, a Kampers Kitchen where you can get all kinds of food, snacks, etc. I could go on and on. It's just a really great campground and we've been going for about three years now.

This weekend was the first time Lisa, Stephanie and their families have come with us to this campground. I think they totally get the cost now LOL. We have gone to another place, Canoe River, with them in the past. CR is half the price of NF. I explained that they'd "get it" when they got to NF. We get nervous inviting people to go to NF because it is on the higher side around here. But, hey, people can always say no, they aren't interested!

We all had SUCH a great time. The weather was looking iffy all week. We were all stalking the weather forecast like it was our future husband. Thankfully it turned out to be a gorgeous weekend. Sunny, hot, perfect for spending two days at the pool. Which we did. All of our kids are Nemo in the making. Aidan actually was calling himself Nemo all weekend. I thought I was going to have to sit him down for a talk about why we couldn't change his name. Thank goodness that didn't have to happen. I walked away from this weekend looking like I went away and that is all I wanted. I've got my tan on!

This weekend meant so much more than just camping. Lisa, Stephanie and I have been friends since Lisa and I were 12 years old. I love love love that our kids are getting to grow up together just like we did. My kids call them "Auntie and Uncle" and I just love it. Thier kids are the closest my kids will have to cousins I think. I just love that we can do these trips together! I'm really looking forward to Sunday trips to the beach, when we aren't camping, like we have done in the past as well. Nothing better than having a whole day dedicated to relaxing with friends.

I can't wait for our next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews