Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Photo Challenge - Day 26

Day 26: a picture of something that means a lot to you.

I'll have to come back with the picture itself but it will be of my Mom's engagement ring. It sounds kind of odd..........my parents split up when I was four years old. I found the ring when I was going through her stuff last year. She had kept it in a holder so I assume she wanted to keep it for something.

It is just a simple diamond. I'm guessing about 1/3 carat? Maybe a 1/2? I have no idea, I'm not very good at figuring that type of thing out. It is the only piece of "real" jewelry I think my Mom had. She wasn't one for buying things like that. She'd wear earrings, bracelets, rings, etc but they were not good quality. Just little baubles that she liked.

It means a lot to me because I am going to do something with it for Erynn. I'm not sure what yet. I have plenty of time to figure it out. I want her to have something from her Grandma. I think my Mom would want her to have it. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews