Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Truth 30

Day 30: A letter to yourself: tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself.

Oh my. Really? This is something my therapist (that I'm no longer seeing but that's another blog on it's own) wanted me to do.

For anyone who knows me - this is SO hard for me to do. I'm very critical of myself. I'm not good at being nice to myself. This is not going to be an easy one for me to do. I'm going to give it a whirl though. (in no particular order)

I love that I am a good wife and mother.
I love that I am honest. I do not lie. Not even to myself. I may turn a blind eye or be very critical but I am honest with myself.
I love that I am a good friend. (at least I think I am!) I am there for others when they need me, sometimes more than I should be, but they know they can count on me.
I love that I have birthed three wonderful children that are the light of my life.

I love that I married my best friend. I could not have picked a better husband / father.
I love that I am the kind of person people can and do count on. I think this speaks a lot about who I am.
I love that I am responsible.
I love that I have survived on my own since I was 17 yrs old.
I love that I was brave enough to go back to high school after dropping out and did not "settle" for getting a GED. I wanted a full on diploma and I got it!
I love that I am able to support my family.
I love that I was a good daughter to my mother and that I was always there for her.
I love that I am Type A! I love organization and being able to complete a task the way I wanted it to be. I'm sure it's annoying to some people but I love it!
I love that I can do my job and that I do it well.
I love my life.

That's it. That's all I can come up with. I don't even know if this is exactly what I was supposed to do but since it's how I understood it I guess it can't really be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews