Thursday, May 26, 2011

Five years of my "baby" boy

Ryan Joseph is FIVE years old. I honestly can't believe it.

Five years?! Where have they gone? So much has happened over the last five years but I remember giving birth to him like it was yesterday.

I remember going to the hospital at 4 cm. I remember my contractions slowing down. Even then he was fresh. ;oP

I was in good spirits though. See
?



Funny story about his birth. My best friend, Julie, and John were in the room with me. I was in there for what felt like FOR-EVER. Julie had had her baby a couple of weeks before so she had to be home by 4am. I was still waiting to dilate. It was about 3:32am and I told her she should just go, that there was no way I'd be having this baby in the next 20 min. She says she'll stay for a few more minutes before heading home. So we're chit chatting and all of a sudden I tell her I feel like I have to poop. *blush* I tell her to go get the nurse right now. Nurse comes in and starts yelling. "DON'T MOVE!!" I was like huh? what? I'm not moving anything anytime soon. She runs out to get my midwife because I'm 10cm LMAO. I delivered him in 2 little pushes. The big joke was that I knew I had to hurry up so Julie wouldn't miss his birth. (She was there for Aidan's birth as well)


So here is Ryan right after he was born. I have the other "gory" shot like RIGHT after his birth but I'll spare you that one. It's all gooky. The nurse who was yelling at me NOT to move is holding him.



First partial family shot.



Aidan meeting his baby brother for the first time.

1 year old


2 years old



3 years old



4 years old



Five years old - he had a friend party over the weekend and a family party today, his actual birthday. We'll do that from now on - friends get the weekend party and the family will get the ACTUAL day. I think that's fair and the kids will love having two cakes!!




Happy Birthday my little squeaky mouse, Mommy loves you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews