Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Truth 22

Day 22: Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.

There is really only ONE thing I wish I hadn't done in my life. Cheat. I cheated on a boyfriend. I had always been able to say I'd never cheated. I never planned on it. Things happen.

Little background, we were young. I think I was 22 years old. Could have even been 21. We were together off / on for 4 years or so.

Truth be told, we should have split up after the first year.

We fought all the time. I weighed 10 lbs (okay, okay 140) because I smoked more cigarettes than I ate food. It wasn't ALL horrible ALL the time. We did have some really really good times. But it wasn't all great either. When the bad outweighs the good, you should do something about it before things like this happen.

One night we were out at a bar / club with a whole big group of people. His friends, friends of mine from years back. We got into a fight. Shocker. But, this time, he LEFT me at the bar. I still had my friends there but he left me. I was so angry and way more than a little tipsy. I went to my friends house to hang out. My ex and I lived together and I wasn't ready to go home because I was just so damn angry. One thing led to another and I ended up sleeping with one of my friends. Bad decision. Awful. Terrible.

When my ex found out (from this skanky girl that knew me, the guy I slept with and one of my ex's friends. She was actually trying to hook up with said ex's friend and thought telling him that I cheated would help her cause. Um, are you kidding me???) I never tried to lie or cover it up. I was totally honest and came clean right then and there. We broke up (duh) but ended up getting back together again a while later. Yup, glutton for punishment over here.

Nothing makes what I did right, it was wrong, very wrong. But, I am a big believer that things happen for a reason. Things that make us who we are. But I hate having to admit that I cheated at all. I was very happy and proud to say that I never had.

Live and learn.

(to add insult to injury...........the sex was HORRIBLE. SO bad. That just made it so much worse - but I can laugh about it now, right??)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews