Friday, April 29, 2011

Truth 18

Day 18: Your views on gay marriage.

Oh this is easy. Hello? My brother AND my sister are both gay. My brother got married on my front porch in Sept 2009. I think that explains my views on gay marriage.

If I were to step on my soapbox here is what I'd have to say.

Who CARES if a man loves a man or a woman loves a woman? Who are we to judge what is right and / or what is wrong?

Here is MY point of view. MINE alone. God made each and every one of us. Well, that means God made some men gay and some women lesbian. As long as you are happy, it doesn't effect me. I don't think we have any right to say you can't marry a man or you can't marry a woman.

Just my opinion.

I know there are plenty of different opinions on this subject. I've seen / heard it all. That is okay too. I can respect that people have their own feelings. They are entitled. Just as I am entitled to mine. There are poeple in our family who don't agree with it and that is okay too. As long as we all have respect for one another, that is all I care about. I would never try to force my opinion on anyone. It's all about respect.

For the record, I'd feel the exact same way if my brother and sister were straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews