Sunday, November 11, 2012

Days 8-11......dammit, time to play catch up!

UGH.   Catch up again!

Day 8.
I am thankful for my job.  I am one of the very lucky people who actually wake up in the morning happy to go to work.   It wasn't always this way.   I've worked at P&G for over 12 years now but I didn't always look forward to work every day.   The past year has been amazing and I am absolutely loving the work I do, the people I work with and most importantly my manager.  My work life these days is pretty damn good and I am very thankful for that!

Day 9.
My Mom.   She may not be here any longer but I am so thankful for the time I had with her.  She is and will always be my hero.  I think about her and miss her every day.  I try my best to make her proud of me and hope that I am the daughter/mother/woman she hoped I would become.  I will spend the rest of my life wishing I'd had more time with her but I thank God every day for the time that I did have. 

Day 10.
Books.  I am a HUGE reader.  I love getting lost in a book.  I love the feel and smell of a book, the way you have to use your imagination to really get INTO a book, the way a book can just suck you in and make you lose track of time.  Well.....for me anyway.  There have been nights that I've read well into the night without even realizing it.  I think I take reading for granted because I enjoy it so much.  I'm thankful that I've never had a problem learning to read.  I'm so glad it's a hobby that I immediately got into at a young age.  (Yet another thing I can thank my Mother for.)

Day 11.
I am thankful for Veterans.  They are the people who have fought and continue to fight for our freedom.  They protect our country, they fight for people they don't even know.   They keep us safe without regard for their own safety and I will forever be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews