Monday, August 1, 2011

Operation "First Playdate" Complete!

We had our very first "official" playdate on Saturday.

I say first official because, while we've had lots of gtg's with friends and such, this was the first playdate we had with a classmate from school. I had only met the Mom, Cristy, once in the pkg lot while picking Ryan up one day.

I had NO idea what to expect at all. Should I bring something? Should I plan on being there for 30 min? An hour? Longer? What to do?! I was very nervous because I didn't know Cristy. I know I don't come across this way but I am shy around people I don't know. I am self concious and I get really anxious. Silly, but true.

Ryan and I got there at 10am. We brought a box of munchkins because I don't like going anywhere empty handed and that is what Ryan wanted to bring. Hope they like donuts! (I was second guessing this because what if they have allergies? What if they don't allow the kids to eat donuts? What should I do - GAH you can go crazy overthinking this stuff!) Tim was waiting on the porch when we pulled in along with his little sister Emma. So cute.

We got in and the boys started playing right away. Cristy and I sat down at the kitchen table. We really clicked! We have so much in common. The kids went outside to swim about 11:15am or so. They swam and then wanted to go back inside. Cristy asked Ryan what he would like for lunch. I wasn't expecting to stay for lunch! I asked her if she was sure that she was up for that and she insisted we stay. Well, okay then.

We were there until 3:30pm!!! 5.5 hours for our first playdate ever! I had never expected to stay that long but we had such a great time. Cristy and I chatted like we'd known each other for years. Ryan didn't want to leave at all. I told him we had to get going because I needed to go to the grocery store to get something for dinner. Before we could leave Cristy put another playdate on the books lol. This time she wants me to bring all three kids! Emma is only 6 mon younger than Erynn and she would love for them to play. Aidan is so close in age to Tim and Ryan that she'd love for him to come too. Okay then!

Second official playdate is August 12th. I am totally looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews