Monday, August 8, 2011

Feelings suck.

I might not come off as the most sensitive person in the world - I have a hard time showing my feelings - but I am very, very sensitive. If I'm being honest I'm probably a little lot too sensitive. I just try not to show it. But I really am.

Case in point. My sister and her fiance are coming up for a visit at the end of the month. It's been planned for months. We're all very excited, can't wait for them to come. I haven't talked to my sister in a week or so which is pretty unusual but she's had a lot going on. Today I sent her an email saying hello and just checking in. I hear back and in come the hurt feelings. Seems that she and my brother have planned that when C&J come up at the end of the month she'll be staying with him and his husband. Yep, my feelings are hurt. They always stay with us. Always. She's positioning it like they didn't want to put any of the kids out since they just got back into their own rooms from M&B moving out but that is NOT the case. It can't be. M&B know that the boys are still sharing a room and that Erynn moved into the room they were staying in. We now have a playroom upstairs and I thought it would be PERFECT for when C comes to visit b/c she'd have her own room with a locked door and everyone would be all set. When we found out M&B were getting their own place it was very important to me that we get this room finished just so they would have their own little space. I am 99.5% positive I'd even mentioned this to her in the past but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I think what hurts isn't just that they aren't staying here. I think that it's the fact that they'd make these plans without even trying to include me or discuss with me. Like my input wasn't needed or necessary. Maybe I'm being silly. Probably being overly sensitive but I can't help it. My feelings are definitely hurt.

I understand that M&C don't have kids so they probably wouldn't even think of this aspect but my kids have been VERY excited about their aunts coming and staying with us. Now I'll have to tell them that they aren't staying with us after all and it just sucks. They still ask when M&B are going to come home for crying out loud - they don't fully understand that stuff, you know? So they will be disappointed as well and I HATE it when my kids are let down. Again, none of them have kids so they clearly wouldn't think of it from this angle but I do.

In total truth I'm a bit irritated too. C&J are coming up for 4 days. M only has ONE of those days off from work and he told me he couldn't take any vaca time. M&B only have one car. So this means if I am going to spend time with my sister and her fiance *I* am the one who is going to be driving back and forth all the time to pick them up and drop them off. Since I'm around for her entire trip it would be a hell of a lot easier (and cheaper) if they were staying here. I just don't get it. I probably never will.

I have GOT to develop thicker skin. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews