Monday, August 8, 2011

Changes are a'comin!

I can't believe we're already into August! In three weeks we have the open house at school for the kids to meet their teachers. How did this happen?!

It's been a great summer. Lots of camping, lots of family time. I've enjoyed it immensely and, while it's not over yet, I can definitely see the end looming on the horizon and I just can't believe it's so close.

Soon we'll be back-to-school shopping. Clothes, shoes, supplies. (as soon as I can get those lists from the school of course!) We'll be getting back into our more normal routine. No more staying up late on some special nights. We still have three more camping trips on the calendar to look forward to but the October trips are going to feel a lot different from our Summer trips.

I haven't really strayed too far from our "regular" school routine. Bedtimes between 7-7:30p have remained pretty constant unless we are camping. I honestly just didn't want to have a big upheaval when school starts with our nighttime routine. I figure having all three kids in school will be a big enough change in itself. Aidan and Ryan will both be attending full day classes rather than the half days of last year and Erynn starts PreK. She'll be going to school 5 days a week now from 11:30a - 2:20p. No more two days a week at daycare.

September isn't just about the kids' changes....I'll be starting my new job on 9/1 so I'll be making some adjustments of my own. I'll be working Mon - Thurs from 6:30a to 4:30p and working from home 8-10a on Friday mornings. I know I'll enjoy getting home sooner at night......having more family time before bed and I'm totally okay having two hours of work on a Friday morning as well. I don't really think that will interfere with anything. As long as I can still volunteer at school I'm happy. With Erynn going to PreK in the afternoons I don't see it being an issue. I'm eager to find out what volunteering will look like for the boys. I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to do it. Last year I could only volunteer in Aidan's class once. They had certain activities in the afternoon that just weren't conducive to my volunteering. Hopefully I'll be able to do more this year.

Even though we have a lot of changes coming up I'm very excited to see what is in store for this family of five!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews