Monday, August 15, 2011

It's that time again.....

Monday morning. AKA as the morning every week where I do NOT want to work, I've slept like crap the night before and I am doing whatever I can do postpone the work for the day. So, I'll recap the weekend.

Friday we had another playdate with the Trout family. This time Cristy invited our entire family over. Aidan, Ryan and Tim are all so close in age and Erynn is less than a year older than her daughter, Emma so she thought it would be great for them all to get together. John came so he could get to know Cristy as well. Again, we had SUCH a great time! We were there from 11a - 430p. We ordered pizza, the kids went swimming and the three adults had a wonderful time just talking and hanging out. The next month is busy with plans and getting ready for school but we did get Sept 16th on the calendar - the Trout family will be coming to our house for a little cookout and drinks on the deck. Can't wait!

Saturday wasn't so hot. I woke up with a migraine and I just couldn't kick it. I spent the day doing laundry and cleaning house. On the upside, it's nice to start off a week with no laundry in the house to be done. Go me. On the downside, Tim's birthday party was Saturday afternoon at 4p and I just couldn't make it. It was hot and muggy outside and would have made my migraine so much worse. John ended up having to take the kids by himself. He was okay with it but I felt bad. The kids had a fantastic time - they didn't even get home until 930pm. Clearly they went right to bed for the night. Unfortunately I didn't have the same luck. I don't know why but I just could NOT sleep on Saturday night. Thank goodness I had a ton of DVR to catch up on because obviously I would much rather watch tv than sleep. *rolling my eyes in case you can't sense the total sarcasm* Finally at 430a I was able to drift off.

Sunday morning I woke up at 8a exhausted but at least my migraine was downgraded to just a dull headache. I had plans to see a movie with Susan so I got up and got ready for that. The kids slept until 930a so we were all able to sit and have breakfast together which was nice. Susan and I made plans last week to go to the movies and had picked out the show, time etc. But when we got to the theater the movie times were different than what had been listed on the site. (this has happened before and it's annoying as hell!) We were over an hour early. So, instead of seeing Crazy, Stupid Love we ended seeing The Help. We really loved this movie! Definitely brought up a lot of emotions. Sadness, anger, frustration, shock. We both cried. I definitely recommend seeing this movie. So good. I still want to see Crazy, Stupid Love and hope to get my butt back to the theater before it's gone.

After the movies I hit the grocery store. Got home, did some more cleaning around the house and then made a Creamy Italian Chicken for dinner. I forgot what a big hit this is. You can find the recipe HERE! (Just search Creamy Italian Chicken) The kids all ate big platefuls with no complaints. I'm going to have to get this back into our rotation. (This and tacos are a sure fire winner) The kids had watermelon for dessert and soon after it was off to bed. I spent the rest of the night making my lunch for work, getting my clothes ready for the week and watching True Blood. Oh yes, that's right, I am a total fangbanger. Not ashamed at all I love love love this show and I look forward to it every week. I've read all of the books too. Good stuff. There, another secret is out. ;oP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews