Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The weekend in review

I'm going back over what I had planned and what actually happened because things never go exactly as you had planned.

Thursday night - this went as planned. Went to Great Chow with Susan. Christine and her friend, Jimmy, met us there. Rich's sister Gina was there with some of her friends, Deirdre showed up and Dan, the karoake whore (yes, I said this to him when I walked by and saw him at a table) was there as well. Roy stopped in, I'm assuming because Dan was there - he didn't know I was going to be there.

Friday went as planned as well. Beach with The Forbush Family. AWESOME time. My kids love the beach. They had so much fun. However, WHAT kind of idiot goes to the beach and doesn't bring a suit. Yes. This idiot. I packed up the kids - suits, towels, sunblock, you name it. Myself? Not so much. So I was hanging on the beach in a tank top and my jeans (again, I do NOT wear shorts) rolled up. Yup, ass. That's me. Friday night was the Rox game with Susan and Rob. We left early. Now, by early, I don't mean in the 5th inning. Nope. TOP OF THE 12TH. Holy. Talk about the game that would not end!!! I have no idea who won. We were just ready to go home and go to bed lol.

Saturday absolutely didn't go as planned. Not even close. John ended up going to the movies with the boys alone. Jonny U and Ryan didn't go. Long story short, he and Tiff were fighting, everything got screwed up - not my issue, don't want to get involved. Erynn and I stayed home, did laundry and cleaned the house. We didn't do lunch with Susan. Christine's surprise party didn't pan out either. Turns out Christine was stuck in Texas and didn't get home on Saturday at all. I felt really bad for her. We'll make it up to her though!

Sunday morning I got up bright and early to ran errands. Erynn came with me. Beach day was definitely off - it was crappy outside, no sun at all. Susan and I ended up going to the movies early afternoon and then we went to Susan and Rob's for a mini cookout and some fireworks. The weather was kind of crappy - it started to rain. We weren't sure the fireworks were going to happen but they finally did. Erynn was TERRIFIED of them though so we ended up leaving about halfway through. I had to get home and bake the layer cake for Monday anyway.

Monday was the Thornton cookout and it was perfect. We all swam, hung out, drank and caught up with one another. They had a really great turnout and it was the perfect way to end a long holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews