Thursday, July 7, 2011

Job update

So, today I had lunch with PB, the admin who reco'd the new role to me. SUCH a great lunch! We talked about everything. Work, life, etc. She filled me in on a lot of what the role would be, how the people are, how things work "over there." It's so different from the side I'm on. I think I'd be really happy in that group. I also learned I'd be sitting up on 8F with her - yay!

She asked me if she could send a note to the hiring manager and advocate for me. I said sure, absolutely. She said "GOOD because I actually drafted a note yesterday but I wanted to make sure you wouldn't mind before I sent." Hell no, I don't mind! I barely know this woman and she wants to advocate for me - go for it. You know those people you just kind of "click" with and you know you will get along? This is PB. I knew when I met her last week that we had similar personalities. She pretty much sealed it for me when she mentioned we should meet for drinks sometime soon because we live one town away from each other. LOL.

So, lunch meeting went great. Really great. One hour later I got an Outlook Calendar meeting request. JOB INTERVIEW! YAY!! Monday morning at 10am I will be sitting down and interviewing with my next potential manager. I'm super excited. But I'm also nervous, scared, etc. You know how it goes with job interviews.

So, there is the latest. Prayers, wishes, good luck......it's all appreciated and welcomed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews