Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Offered........and accepted!

BK offered me the Marketing Admin role yesterday morning and I happily accepted! Let the games begin!

Today I need to hurry and get my current role posted in ojp - our internal online job posting website. Hopefully we'll get some candidates there and can go straight to the interview process. If not, the job will have to be posted externally and that is much more painful. A candidate would have to take a test to get an interview. Once they went through the interview process they'd have to go through the drug test and any other things P&G may have come up with in the last 11 yrs since I've been here. Much more painful process that would only delay my training a replacement. Fingers crossed we get an internal candidate that can just transfer to my dept.

A couple of changes with my new role. First, BK asked if I'd be willing to carry a Blackberry. Sure, no problem. Carrying two phones will be a PITA but, hey, plenty of people do it. Secondly, she asked that we try shortening my work days Mon - Thurs by 30 min so I would work 2 hours on Friday mornings. From home. Absolutely. I can totally do that. I get home a bit earlier at night and I check in for 2 hours on a Friday morning from home.....check. I think she is a little lot panicked about not actually having ANY administrative support for a whole day. I get that. It takes some getting used to. We'll do this for 6 months and then revisit to see if any tweaking needs to be done.

Timing is looking like 9/1 for my official start date over there. BK wanted me in by mid-August but I *knew* LJS would have a hard time with that. That's not for me to worry about though and I'm happy to stay out of it. It's up to the managers to work out the timing details. Phew! BK will be making the announcement to her organization this week. LJS will forward that announcement to my current team. Job posting will be open for two weeks internally. Hopefully a proper candidate will be found and training will begin. I'm not sure when my training for the new role begins but I assume someone will be telling me shortly.

All in all, not bad! I get to do some totally new work which, after 10 years, will be refreshing. I'll be in a new building with new people. I'm pretty excited. For someone who HATES change this is a pretty big deal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews