Thursday, July 7, 2011

Verrrrrry Interesting!

I get my horoscope on Facebook. I don't live and die by it, I just like to read it. Most days it gives me a mild sense of entertainment. Today's horoscope says:

Heavenly energies are blessing the work, career and finance areas of your chart right now. If you were thinking of pushing for a promotion, today is the best day to work on making that dream come true.

Huh. I just applied for a new role with P&G on Tuesday. I have been in my role, on the same team, for the past 10 years. I think it might be time to change things up a little. I've never applied for another role here. I don't like change. I like knowing what I am doing and being good at what I do. Starting a new role means new responsibilities, new things to learn. I usually shy away from things like that. But, I honestly feel like I am taken for granted a bit in this role. I know others absolutely agree with me on this. I think it's time to move on or at the very least put myself out there. I think it's good that my boss knows that I am willing to look elsewhere. If I don't get the new role than at least maybe she knows that I am willing to move on if possible.


The role I applied for is a Marketing Administrator role. It's technically a lateral move but the opportunities from there are endless. Being in Sales right now there isn't much room for growth or movement. Especially on my team because I am already the Lead Team admin. There are no administrative roles above me. But the new role would give me exposure to some of the really high ups. Definitely room for growth over there.

The deadline for applying was yesterday. I am thinking I'll hear if I get an interview sometime next week. I'm terrified of the job interview process. It's been 11 years since I've been on one! I get all nervous and worked up, I just don't like it. But, who does?? I'll put on my big girl panties and suck it up. I'll hope that I am the right fit for this new role and I'll hope that I get a job offer. Who knows, maybe it would even bump me up into another pay grade and I'd get a raise as well. That would definitely be a plus!

So, if you are reading this and can spare a prayer for me I would really appreciate it. The more I think about moving on the more excited I get. Now I just need it to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews