Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's been a while

If you are currently hearing Stained playing in your head right now, my apologies. But it's a good song so it's okay, right?! If you don't know what the hell I'm talking about you can listen HERE.

Anyway, I'm a bit behind. I'll try to catch up in one swoop...........can't promise it won't read like an instruction manuel and go on for days. But I'll try to control myself.

Where to start. My sister's visit. It.Went.Horribly. To be fair, the whole trip didn't suck, but about 50% of it did. Her flight was delayed on Thurs. They didn't arrive until very very early Fri morning. Fri they went into Boston with M&B. I cooked a big roast beef dinner for everyone and we all had dinner. Great. Sat am. C&J wanted to take the kids to Dunks for breakfast. Fine, no problem. They say they'll be over at 830a. They show up after 1030a. Now, if you have kids, you know how hard it is to hold them off. They were STARVING. And very upset. I was ticked but I let it go. Friday afternoon C, J, B and myself go to the movies. (One Day, I was very disappointed) That went fine. Sat night they did their own thing but C told me they wanted to do the Dunks thing again Sun morning. Totally fine. Sun am turns out to be Hurricane Irene day and I don't want the kids going out in that so I say I'll head to DD with them and we'll bring it back. Easy. Well, we're at D's. C causes a scene with the barista. Gets an attitude. There is a line forming behind us. Other patrons are getting irritated. I'm on the phone with my brother. I am embarrassed b/c C is causing a scene. I tell my brother she is causing a scene. She hears me. She gets pissed. (she doesn't TELL me this, she tells my brother who told me later) She takes off like a bat out of hell from my house after we get back. We were supposed to have plans Sunday night. She bails. She wanted to take me to breakfast (just me, her and J) on Monday morning and I text her Sun night (after she bailed on our plans) "thank you but I'm going to pass." I'm upset. I'm hurt. I don't want to deal with her behaviour. (Clearly there is more to this story but I'm not going to get into every tiny detail) I don't talk to her or hear from her again until she shows up at my house at 1p on her way to the airport. She is there to take pictures. Am I going to come out and take some with them? Wait, what?! Hi, I haven't talked to you in over a day and I cancelled plans with you but smile for the camera. What. The. Hell. I took all of two pictures with her. I did not smile and I had tears in my eyes. I was just SO upset with the way the weekend turned out. How could she act normal? How could she expect ME to act normal? But she did. She took pics of my kids. She took "family" pics. Gave me a hug and left. I haven't talked to her since.

The moral of this story. I need to realize that my siblings don't care for me as much as I for them. If I am upset, I have a grown up conversation. I do not leave the room and flee from the house. We are GROWN. ASS. WOMEN. Time to act like it. I am going to sit it out. I am going to wait for one of them to contact me. I'm not going to be the one that is always trying to get together. I am not going to be the one who coddles. It's time for them to put some stock into our relationship and stop treating me like a doormat. I do any/everything I can for my siblings and they just don't care enough to do it for me. Sad, but true.

Moving on.

Aidan started FIRST GRADE on Tuesday (8/30). How is this possible?! I can't even believe that he is in first grade already. He's only two days into it but he is very happy and very excited. I'm so proud of my "baby" boy. Ryan and Erynn start school next Tuesday (9/6) and I can't hardly believe that either. Kindergarten and Preschool. It is going by far too quickly for my liking. I love that they are excited and looking forward to learning, I just wish sometimes that I could press the "pause" button for a few minutes.

Update on John. He did not get the Fox Hill job. Two out of three directors wanted him, assumed he'd be a shoe in. Unfortunately the third was afraid he couldn't afford John b/c he is overqualified and offered it to a not-so-qualified person while Directors A & B were on vacation. Apparently it was not meant to be. However. He was called and asked to interview for another company. A security/bodyguard company. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this to be quite honest. On one hand, it's pretty badass that my hubby could be a bodyguard. On the other, the role would entail a lot of travel. Think England, Ireland, Spain. Not Boston, Plymouth, Worcestor. I'm not so keen on that part. He went on one interview, was shuttled into a second interview on the spot and is currently driving to his third interview with the same company as I type. We'll wait to see what the hours, pay, bene's, etc look like to see what the final decision will be. IF he is offered the position of course. We also might have another prospect.........back at the Nuclear Power Plant he used to work at. A friend of his works there now. Says that if John was cleared to go back to work he should have been rehired quite a while ago. They have put in two classes and had new hires coming out of those classes but John should have been hired back before any new hire. So we're working on that right now. John liked the power plant and that really worked for our schedule so, if I'm being honest, I'm hoping he gets his old job back. Fingers crossed regardless.

I started MY new job this week as well. Tuesday am was my first day sitting at my new desk. It's going. It's not awful but I haven't had any training. I'm super excited to be doing some new stuff, I just wish I knew WHAT I was doing and was more involved. I'm ready to get cracking.........just not sure what I should be cracking AT right now. I think this is going to end up being a really wonderful move for me and I'm very happy I did it.

Maybe I've rambled on just a scotch (not scotch as in the booze, skotch - can you hear what I'm trying to say?!) but I've gotten it all out there. I think. For now. If I forgot anything I'll be back. It's like a notebook. Just one I type in. HA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews