Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mid week weekend update

Ha. I crack myself up.

It's Wednesday. This has been a rough week but it's going by pretty quickly so I'm handling it.

We had a great camping trip last weekend. Our annual jaunt up to New Hampshire to stay at Pine Acres. (The good one - not the one in Oakham, MA that we'll never go back to) I love love love Fall camping. Except that last weekend didn't really turn out to be much of fall camping. It was hot and muggy. Rained at night. But at least it rained at NIGHT and didn't spoil our days! We arrived on Friday night. Left the house at 3p and it took us over 3 hours to get up there with traffic and such. The ride was just fine though. Kids were great and I got to catch up on some of "my" magazines. They aren't really mine........a perk of the new job is magazines. They get every kind of magazine under the sun here and a lot of them come for people who are no longer on the team so I get the leftovers. I get every magazine I have ever wanted a subscription to and then some. Yahoo!


Anyway. Saturday we took the kids apple picking and we had SO much fun. Applecrest really is a fantastic orchard. My only complaint was the weather. It was hot and muggy. Christen and I were dying. Next year I think I'll wait a week or two to go up the NH. Let it cool down just a little bit. I just hope we can still get the good apples. The kids loved riding the tractor out to the orchard and back. We grabbed some lunch, got the kids some ice cream, walked around the farmers market. It really was just a great day. Of course I had my camera with me............


The four kids



The kiddos picking their apples






Family shot. I hate pictures of myself these days but I'm working on it.




We came home on Sunday and I spent the day doing laundry, catching up on some DVR and preparing for the week ahead. I never did get my clothes switched over but I'll work on that this weekend. We don't have much planned. The Sheriff's Dept is doing their annual fall thing so we'll be hitting that on Saturday. Can't wait for that. I looooove decorating the house for Fall. Mums, pumkins, scarecrows, hay, cornstalks. The whole nine. I'm very excited! I love Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews